Kentucky Skills U programs provide free academic instruction aligned to college- and career-readiness standards, as well as offer preparation and coaching for next steps (i.e., college and career) for:
- Individuals without a high school diploma;
- High school graduates with academic or employment skill-building needs;
- English language learners;
- Individuals participating in integrated education and training; and
- Individuals in corrections facilities
Through Kentucky Skills U programs, Kentuckians can prepare for the GED® diploma; postsecondary education and training and employment.
Boyd County Skills U has three different sites to help clients:
- Our Main Center is located at 1400 College Drive, Ashland, KY 41101, Room 166. This location is at Ashland Community and Technical College, College Drive campus. They are open Monday-Friday. They also offer evening classes Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Central Baptist Church/Central Jobbank and Opportunity Center (600 29th Street, Ashland, KY 41101) Monday/Wednesday all day; Tuesday/Thursday mornings and from 3:15 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday mornings 8 to 10 a.m. or by appointment.
- Hillcrest Bruce Mission (1819 Eloise Street, Ashland, KY 41101) Tuesday/Thursday 1 to 3 p.m.